I need help in the search for a kidney!
My name is Princess and I was diagnosed with Nephrotic Syndrome in 2008 when I was 17 years old.
During my senior year of high school in Clarksville, TN, I was in show choir taking part in a workshop for our next concert when I found that my ankles were swelling. I went to the hospital on military grounds and they dismissed it as a urinary tract infection. As it continued to get worse, I went to the hospital on civilian grounds and receive the same diagnosis. It wasn’t until my forehead was completely swollen over my eyes that the hospital took notice.
I was rushed to Vanderbilt and immediately told I had NS. Doctors had a problem trying to figure out what caused my NS. It wasn’t until a few months had passed that we figured out it was Membranous Nephropathy. But we still have yet to figure what caused that.
When I was first diagnosed, I was getting protein infusions every two weeks. About a half a year later, I ended up in kidney failure and I was put on dialysis. I am mainly on blood pressure medication to keep it down.
I’ve faced so many struggles with this disease. As a teenager becoming an adult, I have faced mental and emotional problems. Being in the hospital the day before Prom and Graduation, I was afraid I was going to miss out on what were supposed to be the best years of my life. Seeing all of my friends enjoy their new found freedom, while I’m being invaded by needles and tubes is hard for anyone to understand.
Physically I was very unstable. I was constantly admitted to the hospital. At the beginning of 2009, I was admitted for a month. As soon as I was released, I suffered from respiratory failure and fell into a coma for a week. My family was told there was a possibility I wasn’t going to make it. When I finally woke up, I recovered unexpectedly fast, except for my legs. I had no use of my legs. I could feel everything done to them, but I could no longer move them on my own. I was put into in-patient rehab for about 4 months.
My mother, sister and niece were there everyday, helping me and keeping my spirits high and providing me my biggest motivation to leave. I would say I spent an equivalent to a whole year in the hospital. I have yet to receive a transplant.
If you have blood type O, you and Princess could be a match. All it takes to find out is a simple blood test. There will be no medical costs to the donor. If you are interested in learning more, feel free to send Princess an email.
If you like to get tested to be a donor, please contact Verna Johnson (Vanderbilt Transplant Center) at 1866-748-1491 option 3 or 615-936-0695. Must give my name (Princess Morris) and birthdate (8/31/90).
Do me one more small favor. Even if you are not interested in learning more, PLEASE SHARE THIS to get the word out to more people. Thank you.
Princess email: PrincessCMorris@gmail.com
- cowpokebaby reblogged this from anthingbutordinary and added:
- cowpokebaby likes this
- glassrhinos likes this
- abe615 reblogged this from anthingbutordinary
- savingmybeans reblogged this from anthingbutordinary
- savingmybeans likes this
- iphoneabuser reblogged this from anthingbutordinary
- alohaboi likes this
- sofiag832 likes this
- invisible-danger reblogged this from anthingbutordinary
- curlyhairedcrooner reblogged this from anthingbutordinary
- okwaitno likes this
- donnakolp likes this
- theambermay reblogged this from anthingbutordinary
- humainsvolants reblogged this from sherlocksflataffect
- humainsvolants likes this
- chatoyannt reblogged this from anthingbutordinary
- awesomelyyawkward reblogged this from sunnyme1
- sunnyme1 reblogged this from musicalmorphine
- monstarr reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias and added:
- originality6is4me reblogged this from musicalmorphine
- originality6is4me likes this
- beautifulandordinary reblogged this from danidomley
- phobiphantom10 reblogged this from theplacethatevolutionforgot
- thoughtsofanoverachiever reblogged this from gorillajean
- gorillajean reblogged this from beyondtheplanetsandthestars
- danidomley reblogged this from laultwinswayla
- selfloveforlife likes this
- beyondtheplanetsandthestars reblogged this from laultwinswayla
- weightless-currency reblogged this from laultwinswayla
- laultwinswayla reblogged this from anthingbutordinary and added:
- anthingbutordinary reblogged this from sp00kymidousuji
- megadaffy reblogged this from theplacethatevolutionforgot
- mintike reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias
- sp00kymidousuji reblogged this from theplacethatevolutionforgot and added:
- musicaldarling reblogged this from anthingbutordinary
- theplacethatevolutionforgot reblogged this from reagan-was-a-horrible-president and added:
- philosophica-dea reblogged this from reagan-was-a-horrible-president and added:
- teaspoon-of-salt reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias
- insignificantuser reblogged this from tal9000